Harford Bridge Holiday Park’s
Privacy Notice (Version 2022 / January)
This document is titled ‘Harford Bridge Holiday Park’s Privacy Notice’. The version number and date is included (above). Over time this notice will be replaced by updated versions; when this happens, the version applicable at the time you provided us with your personal information will govern the use of your personal information by us.
We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information. This privacy notice is intended to inform you about how we look after your personal information or personal data when:
- You visit our website(s) or apps (regardless of where you visit from),
- We send you other digital or non-digital marketing communications or other digital media,
- You book accommodation, a pitch or purchase other services we sell.
This notice also tells you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you. We are happy to provide any additional information or explanation.
2. Important information & who ‘we’ are.
The purpose of our privacy notice is to provide you with information on how ‘we’ that is HBP collects and processes your personal data through your use of our website(s) or apps or when we send you other digital or non-digital marketing communications. This includes any data you may provide through our websites or apps when, for example, you sign up to one of our newsletters, purchase a product or service or take part in a promotion or competition. It also includes any personal information you give us by e-mail, telephone or face-to-face.
Our websites and apps are not intended for children (we mean individuals under the age of 18 years) and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide. You should also read any specific notices sent when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Registered Number ZA298171.
HBP Limited is a single legal trading entity. This privacy notice is issued on behalf of Harford Bridge Park Limited (Company Registered Number 1144927) which trades as/at Harford Bridge Holiday Park, Peter Tavy, Tavistock, Devon, PL19 9LS. So, when we mention “HBP”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice, we are referring to Harford Bridge Park Ltd and Harford Bridge Holiday Park being responsible for processing your data. HBP Ltd is the controller and responsible for e-mail, booking software, websites and apps.
We have appointed a Data Privacy Manager who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the Data Privacy Manager on [email protected]. The director responsible for HBP data privacy and data controller is the Head of Park Operations.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO, so please contact us first.
Your duty to inform us of changes.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us following the procedure on our latest communication to you or by emailing: [email protected]
Our websites/apps may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our websites/apps, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit
3. The data we collect about you.
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data e.g. your name, or date of birth.
- Marketing and Communications Data e.g. your preferences in receiving marketing from us.
- Usage Data e.g. information about how you use our websites/apps, products and services.
- Profile Data e.g. your username and password, your interests or preferences.
- Technical Data e.g. your login data, browser type and version.
- Transaction Data e.g. other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Financial Data e.g. bank account details.
- Contact Data e.g. your address or telephone number.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you. For information about ‘special’ data visit the ICO website and search for ‘Special Category Data’.
If you fail to provide personal data.
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
4. How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
You may give us your information by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- Apply to purchase our products or services;
- create an account on our websites/apps;
- subscribe to our services or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or,
- give us some feedback.
Automated technologies or interactions.
5. How we use your personal data.
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most often, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- To register you with our business so we may perform a contract with you, including managing payments, fees and charges, collecting and recovering money owed to us, addressing any breach of contract, licence or written agreement,
- Notifying you about changes to our business which are relevant to you,
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests,
- To administer and protect our business and our website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data),
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you,
- Asking you to partake in a review, prize draw, competition or complete a survey,
- To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you,
- To use data analysis to improve our website, products or services, marketing, relationships and experiences,
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation,
- Where you have specifically requested to be kept informed about our products, services and promotions etc.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. Our latest communication to you will tell you how to unsubscribe, or you can email [email protected] and your request will be processed.
Promotional offers from us.
We may use your data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
You may use your personal data to send marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us or if you provided us with your details when you signed up to one of our newsletters, entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any other company for marketing purposes.
We pass relevant data to our chosen third party insurer, under the legal basis of legitimate interests, this is to ensure the park’s terms are adhered to and our business interests remain protected. You can opt out at any time by contacting us.
Contacting us using Social Media
We manage our own social media accounts and if you contact us using social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter) our communications with you will be in accordance with this privacy notice.
Each time we send you a new marketing communications message, you will be given the opportunity to opt-out easily and securely, by confirming the preferences you would like to unsubscribe from and then clicking the one time unsubscribe button. Alternatively contact us at any time at [email protected] and we will organise the unsubscribe process on your behalf.
- We will place cookies on your device to help make our website better.
- You can change your cookie settings using your browser’s setting.
- Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to work.
- We also use some non-essential cookies to collect information for making reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form.
Change of purpose.
We will only use your personal data while it is necessary for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
6. Disclosures of your personal data.
We may have to share your personal data with service providers or as required by law. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes, relating to HBP and in accordance with our instructions. We pass relevant data to our chosen third party insurer, under the legal basis of legitimate interests, this is to ensure the parks terms are adhered to and our business interests remain protected. You can opt out at any time by contacting us.
7. International Transfers.
We do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
8. Data Security.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those team members, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a legitimate business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so
9. Data Retention.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Our data retention policy is to undertake a data cleansing or purge during April each year. We will review our computer database records and if you have not used our products or services within the last 2 years (Year ‘1’: 1 April to 31 March and Year ‘2’: 1 April to 31 March) we will anonymise your personal data.
When we anonymise personal data it can no longer be associated with you. Data is anonymised for research or statistical purposes and we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
10. Your legal rights.
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data, to include the right to:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Withdraw consent for our use of your personal data.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact [email protected]
No fee usually required.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we may need from you.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In such circumstances we will notify you and keep you updated.