Holiday Guest Booking Terms & Conditions
Applicable for bookings made on/after 1 October 2021
Harford Bridge Park Ltd trades as Harford Bridge Holiday Park and Harford Bridge Park. In these Booking Terms & Conditions we refer to ourselves as “we”/”us”/”our”/“the Park”.
1. We aim to provide the very best service to all our holiday guests. Please discuss your requirements with us. We will do everything we can to help. Our full Access Statement is available on our website Link. If you need these Terms and Conditions and our Booking Information e-mails in a different format, please ask us.
Who may stay with us
2. The person who makes the booking is responsible for the booking and must be 18-years of age or older.
3. Only the people named in the booking may stay with us.
4. Your booking is personal to you, and you cannot assign or transfer it to any other person.
5. If you request a booking for more than two people, we may ask you to provide evidence to our reasonable satisfaction that you are all couples or all members of the same family.
6. If you request a booking for more than one Pitch, then we may contact you before accepting the booking to help us determine whether we are able to provide the holiday experience you are looking for.
7. You must tell us if your booking request is connected to any other booking, for example because you know the other party or you share a common purpose in visiting the park. If you do not tell us about a connection, we may cancel your booking immediately and (if your stay with us has started) require you to leave the park. You will only be entitled to a refund if a third-party takes up your booking. In that event we will refund you up to the money we receive for the re-booking less our reasonable administration charges.
How to book
8. Bookings can be requested in the following ways:
8.1. You may use our On-line Booking Form Link.
8.2. By telephone on 01822 810349.
9. You must tell us your full requirements, for example if you are bringing any vehicles, tents, or other structures. We need this information when deciding whether to accept your booking and we may not be able to accommodate changes.
10. A contract exists when we have issued our confirmation to you.
11. Please check our confirmation carefully to see that it reflects your wishes. Please let us know of any difference within seven days unless your holiday is to start within 14-days in which case you should inform us within 24-hours.
12. We reserve the right to refuse any booking.
The price you pay
13. Our prices include VAT.
14. The price will not be subject to any change unless the rate of VAT changes.
15. When you request your booking, you must pay a deposit of 20% of the price of your holiday or (if you are requesting to book 14-days or less for camping and 28-days or less for self-catering before the start date) the full price.
Full payment is requested for Bank Holidays (minimum of 3-nights) and stays at other times of 2-nights or less.
If arriving within 14-days for touring (or 28-days for self-catering) of booking full payment is due.
16. Unless you paid in full when requesting your booking, the balance of the price of your holiday must be paid at least 14-days before the start date (for touring) and 28-days before the start date (for self-catering). We may send a reminder e-mail to you. If the balance is not paid in time, then we may cancel the holiday and retain your deposit as our cancellation charge.
17. Please make sure that you book all the dates you need. We are not able to guarantee that we will be able to extend your booking.
Arrivals and departures
18. You must tell us if you are likely to arrive later than 5.00 pm. You may not arrive after 9.00 pm.
19. If we have not heard from you within 24-hours of your expected arrival, we may release your booking. You will only be entitled to a refund if a third-party takes up your booking. In that event we will refund you up to the money we receive for the re-booking less our reasonable administration charges.
20. You must vacate by 12.00 noon for touring: 10am for self-catering on the day of your departure.
21. We will try to allocate you the location of your choice for touring on the Park, but bookings are not conditional on this.
22. Your location on the Park and directions to it will be confirmed on arrival. If you are in any doubt, please check with us. Any guest staying in the wrong location may be required to move.
Changes caused by exceptional circumstances
23. We may make reasonable changes to our Services. Our changes may reflect changes in relevant laws, guidance and regulatory requirements or implement minor technical adjustments and improvements, for example to address a health and safety risk.
24. If we make changes which mean we can only provide your holiday in a radically different way, we will give you the choice between confirming your booking, agreeing new booking dates with us, or cancelling. We prefer that you postpone rather than cancel but will always allow you to cancel where the law gives you the right to do so.
25. Either of us has the right to cancel your holiday, or any unused days, if the law prevents you from visiting or staying with us or because we are no longer able to provide your holiday for any other reason outside our control. Again, we prefer that you postpone but will always allow you to cancel where the law gives you the right to do so.
26. If you decide to cancel in any of these circumstances (para 23-25) and your holiday has not started, then we will refund your booking including any deposit. If your holiday has started, then we will refund any days unused. We will not charge an administration fee, and we will only deduct any costs we have already incurred which we cannot recover elsewhere (“Direct Costs”). We will not be liable to make any other payment to you.
27. Either of us may also cancel your holiday, or any unused days, if Government guidance means that you should not visit or stay with us, even if the law still allows you to do so. If we cancel and your holiday has not started, then we will refund your booking in full including any deposit. If your holiday has started, then we will refund in full any days unused when we cancel. We will not charge an administration fee and we will not deduct any Direct Costs. If you cancel in these circumstances, we will refund on the same basis but may deduct any Direct Costs. In neither case will we be liable to make any other payment to you.
28. We prefer that holiday guests who are unable to take their holiday agree to postpone to a mutually convenient date. However, you may cancel your holiday at any time. Cancellation will be effective on the date it is received by us.
29. If you cancel under clause 28, cancellation charges are payable as follows unless you are doing so because we are in serious breach of our obligations in these terms and conditions:
The 20% deposit made to secure a booking is non-returnable unless the booking is cancelled within 24-hours of receipt of this booking confirmation.
You may also cancel a booking at any other time, but we shall only be liable to refund you the following percentages of the booking Total (above) which includes booked extras, less the 20% deposit.
– More than 56-days before the start of booking: 80% value of the booking, less the deposit
– Between 55 and 28-days before the start of the booking: 50% value of the booking, less the deposit.
– Between 27 and 8-days before the start of booking: 20% value of the booking, less the deposit.
– Between 7-days and start day of booking: 10% value of the booking, less the deposit.
30. You are not entitled to any refund if you or any of your guests leave before the end of your holiday unless clause 24 or clause 26 applies or we are in serious breach of our obligations in these terms and conditions. If we are in serious breach of our obligations, we will refund you for the days of the holiday which have not been taken.
31. We may also cancel your holiday if you breach any of these terms and conditions. Clauses 50-52 give further details.
Authorised means of payment
32. You may pay us in any of the following ways:
32.1 By bank transfer using the following details:
Harford Bridge Park Ltd
Account No: 04024254
Sort Code: 30-96-68
32.2 International bank transfer to
IBAN: GB15LOYD 30-96-68 04024254
32.2 By credit card payment in person at the Park Reception or by phone.
32.3 By debit card in person at the Park Reception or by phone.
32.4 In cash at the Park Reception for amounts not exceeding £250.00.
33. We are confident you will be happy with our service. If you have any complaint, we encourage you to discuss it with us as soon as possible as this gives us the best chance of resolving it with you. If you remain unhappy, please contact us again within 28-days of your departure and we will try to help.
Please refer complaints to:
Head of Park Operations t: 01822 810349 e: [email protected]
Our promises to you
35. We will allow you to stay with us for the duration of your booking for holiday and recreational purposes, provided you comply with your obligations in these terms and conditions and except where exceptional circumstances prevent us from doing so.
36. We will provide, maintain, and keep in good state of repair the Services, except where these must be interrupted temporarily for the purposes of repair or development or for other reasons caused by exceptional circumstances outside our control.
37. We will insure the Park against usual third-party risks to a minimum of £5,000,000 per claim.
Your promises to us
You agree that you will:
38. Keep to these terms and conditions and the Park Rules.
39. Stay with us only for holiday and recreational purposes.
40. Pay promptly for your holiday and other charges due to us.
41. Pay to us interest at 3% per annum over the published base rate of Barclays Bank plc from time to time (in Northern Ireland, the Ulster Bank) on any undisputed sums overdue from the due date to the date we actually receive such amounts from you, both before and after any judgment that we may obtain against you.
42. Not cause any damage during your holiday.
43. Not do or fail to do anything which might put us in breach of any condition of the Site Licence, which is always available on the Park in a conspicuous place. For example, the conditions of the Site Licence which may affect you include those requiring the space between caravans and other structures to be kept clear, those prohibiting combustible structures, those regarding car parking and those requiring the underside of caravans to be kept clear.
44. Not make any alteration to any accommodation or Pitch.
45. To permit us to move you to another location on the Park if necessary. We will ensure that any alternative location will be of similar quality and be responsible for all reasonable costs incurred.
You agree to, and you must make sure that you, your party and any visitors (including, in each case, their children) keep to, the following standards of behaviour:
46. To act in a courteous and considerate manner towards us, our staff and anyone visiting, using, or working on the Park including other holiday guests.
47. To supervise children so that they are not a nuisance or danger to themselves or other people using the Park.
48. Not to:
48.1. Commit any criminal offence (whether or not on the Park or in its vicinity) which causes your name to be entered on the Violent and Sex Offender Register or causes you to be subject to a Risk of Sexual Harm Order or Child Abduction Warning Notice (or any register, order or notice succeeding these).
48.2. Use the Park in connection with any criminal activity or commit any other criminal offence (i.e., any offence not already subject to clause
48.3) at the Park or in its vicinity.
48.4. Commit any acts of vandalism or nuisance or on the Park.
48.5. Use fireworks on the Park.
48.6. Keep or carry any firearm or any other weapon on the Park.
48.7. Keep or use any unlawful drugs on the Park.
48.8. Create undue noise or disturbance or commit antisocial behaviour on the Park.
48.9. Carry on any trade or business at the Park.
48.10. Permit anyone who is to your knowledge on the Violent and Sex Offender Register or subject to a Risk of Sexual Harm Order or a Child Abduction Warning Notice (or any register, order or notice succeeding these) to use or visit the Park.
49. You agree that if you or any of your family members or visitors or guests whom you have invited to the Park break the behaviour standards listed above then we may terminate your booking.
Cancelling the booking because you are in breach of these terms and conditions
50. We may cancel your holiday if you are in serious breach of your obligations in these terms and conditions and the breach is not capable of being remedied or is such that it causes a breakdown in the relationship between you and us (for example violence or intentional damage to property), by serving upon you reasonable notice in writing to cancel your booking. In deciding what period of notice is reasonable, we shall have due regard to the nature of the breach and other relevant circumstances. In appropriate cases, this may mean requiring you to leave the Park immediately.
51. If you are in breach of any of your obligations under these terms and conditions which is capable of being remedied (for example, a failure to comply with the behaviour standards in clauses 46-49 which has not caused a breakdown in the relationship between you and us) we may write giving you warning, specifying the breach and asking you to remedy the breach within a reasonable and specified time. If you do not comply with that warning and the breach is either serious and/or amounts to persistent breaches of obligation, which taken individually would be minor, but which taken together cause a breakdown in the relationship between you and us, we are entitled to write to you to cancel your booking. In appropriate cases, the warning we give you may be very short, and we may then require you to leave the Park immediately.
52. If we cancel your booking under clauses 50 or 51 you will only be entitled to a refund if a third party takes up your booking. In that event we will refund you up to the money we receive for the re-booking less our reasonable administration charges.
Changing the Park Rules
53. It may be necessary or desirable to change the Park Rules from time to time, including for reasons of health and safety, the efficient running of the Park, environmental issues, local authority requirements, and/or changes in law or regulations or in the interpretation of law and regulations imposed upon us, in which case we will notify you in writing using your contact details on the address on the Booking Form.
54. Any changes made to the Park Rules after we accept your booking may affect you because you will be required to comply with the changed Park Rules, but will not affect anything else to which you are entitled under these booking terms and condition
55. We hold a key to all the accommodation we own on the Park.
56. If you are staying in our accommodation, we may use the key for any purpose authorised by you, for example if you ask us to give access to an authorised visitor.
57. We may also use the key in an emergency, such as an immediate concern for the health and safety of any person, to carry out urgent repairs or preventative work, or to check and secure the accommodation if it appears to be insecure.
58. We will take reasonable care when accessing any accommodation.
59. We agree that any letters or other communications between us shall be sent using the details for us in these terms and conditions and for you on the Booking Form. Email may be used.
60. “Park Rules” means the rules of conduct and practice issued by us from time to time and applicable to our Park. The Park Rules which currently apply to your booking are a separate document which you should read and be familiar with. Please ask us any questions you may have about Park Rules.
61. “Pitch” does not include any part of the Park except that on which the accommodation in which you are staying stands.
62. “Services” means the services which we have promised to make available without a separate charge to you, for example any utilities to your pitch. Services for which we make a separate charge are provided under separate agreements and not these terms and conditions.
63. “Site Licence” means the caravan Site Licence applicable to the Park issued to us by the local authority under Section 3 of the Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960 and other relevant statutes.
64. “You/your” means the person making the booking and all members of their party excluding children under 18. Where there is more than one person, each is fully responsible for the obligations in these terms and conditions.
65. References to taxes and laws are references to them as extended, amended or replaced from time to time.
Edition 1 Oct 21