for Holiday Guests
Terms and Questions
We trade as ‘Harford Bridge Park’ and ‘Harford Bridge Holiday Park’: the legal owner of the business is Harford Bridge Park Ltd. Our postal address and telephone number is published on our website: www.harfordbridge.co.uk
References to “we”, “us”, “our”, “the Park”, “Harford Bridge Park” and “Harford Bridge Holiday Park” are to Harford Bridge Park Ltd.
“Accommodation” means a grass pitch, hardstanding pitch, holiday caravan, holiday escape pod, Shepherd’s Hut and holiday cottage. Information particular to our camping and touring accommodation and our self-catering accommodation is at the end of this document.
The expression “you / “your” refers to all members of your party.
If you have any questions, please call us on 01822 810349 or e-mail [email protected] .
1. These Park Rules are for the good management of the Park and the benefit of all who use it. These rules form part of the contract between us for your holiday and should be read alongside your Booking Terms and Conditions (Booking T&C).
2. The Park Rules do not affect anything to which you are entitled under the Booking T&C.
3. You must make sure that anyone using the park is aware of the Park Rules.
4.You are reminded that we may cancel your holiday if you are in serious breach of your obligations, including these Park Rules.
5. You must use the park safely and should not cause danger to others.
6. You must obey all health and safety notices displayed on the park and act on the reasonable instructions of park staff in matters of health and safety.
7. You are solely responsible for securing your holiday accommodation.
8. You may only use security alarms of the silent, monitored type and not audible alarms.
Permitted number of occupiers in Holiday Accommodations
9. Your Accommodation may not be used for sleeping a number of persons greater than the ‘maximum sleeping capacity’ stipulated in the Booking; if no number is stipulated then it may not be used for sleeping a number of persons greater than the number for which it was designed.
10. Your accommodation/pitch may only be used by the people named on the Booking Form.
Visitors to Holiday Accommodations
11. Only people lawfully visiting with your permission have permission to enter the park.
12. Your visitors must leave the park by 11.00pm.
13. It is your responsibility to ensure that your visitors and all occupiers of your Accommodation adhere to the Park Rules.
14. You must not introduce any foreign items into the drainage system including cleaning cloths, babies’ nappies, sanitary towels, condoms, cooking fat, engine oil, grease or paint.
15. The usual opening and closing dates of our facilities are provided on our website. However, the dates and times of opening may be subject to change depending on seasonal fluctuations or unforeseen circumstances. We will do our best to advise you at the time of booking of any changes at that stage, otherwise please always check prior to booking if this is important to your stay.
16. The availability of our facilities is also subject to our T&C Link
Trees and shrubs
17. You must not cut any trees or hedges at the park. If you find any tree or hedge a nuisance or unsatisfactory you should take the matter up with us; do not deal with it yourself.
18.You must not plant any tree or shrub.
19. You must not dig any hole at the park.
20. It is illegal to smoke or use e-cigarettes inside enclosed public buildings. Smoking outdoors is permitted.
21. You must also refrain from smoking or using e-cigarettes in any of our holiday accommodation.
22. If you are found to be smoking in public buildings or our holiday accommodation, you may be charged a £25.00 cleaning fee. This would be a serious breach of your contract with us which may lead to you being required to leave the park.
23. You may only use washing lines of the rotary type or the window-sill type and must remove them and store them out of sight immediately after use.
24. You must site washing lines to avoid inconvenience to other accommodation owners and park operations.
Waste & Recycling
25. You must not deposit waste outside your accommodation. You should use the refuse bins provided.
26. Recycling points are available on the park, and you should use these facilities where appropriate.
Vehicles, driving & parking
27. You must insure all vehicles you use on the park as for use on the public road.
29. You must insure all accessories and items towed by vehicles (such as towed boats and jet skis) as for use on the public road.
30. You must not keep disused or un-roadworthy vehicles anywhere on the park. We reserve the right to remove any vehicle which is apparently abandoned.
31. You must not carry out the following works or repairs on the park:
- major vehicle repairs such as dismantling of part(s) of the engine
- works which involve the removal of oil or other fuels.
32. Motor vehicle repairs must not be carried out at the park, but a recognised breakdown service may attend in the event of a breakdown.
33. Quad bikes, trials bikes and powered scooters and skateboards are not permitted on the park.
34. You must not wash cars, caravans and motorhomes on the park.
35. We permit cars onto the park for the purposes of access to the accommodation only. Accordingly, save to the extent that you may need to do so because of a disability, you must not drive cars round the park for other purposes such as visiting other locations on the park. We may ask for reasonable evidence of any disability relevant to this rule.
36. Driving on the park is restricted to the park roads and accessing accommodation pitches.
37. You must drive all vehicles on the park carefully and within the displayed 5-mph speed limit.
38. You must hold a full current driving licence to drive any vehicle on the park.
39 You are not permitted to give anyone driving lessons at the park and we do not permit learner drivers to drive on the park.
40. There is a 5-mph speed limit on all park roads, which must be adhered to.
41. We allow a maximum of two motorised vehicles to be parked alongside each pitch.
42. Motorhomes/touring caravans cannot be parked alongside self-catering accommodation.
43. Electric cars can be charged at the park. The arrangements for charging electric cars are available from Park Reception.
44. We operate a security barrier with number plate recognition. The barrier will not permit access to the park after 10.00 p.m. until 7.00a.m. You can exit the park at any time.
45. You must not park anywhere except in the permitted parking spaces and in the parking space allocated to your holiday accommodation.
46. You may park not more than one car at holiday caravan accommodation and two vehicles on a camping pitch.
47. You should respect the privacy of other users of the park and keep noise to a minimum between the hours of 10.00 p.m. and 7.00 a.m. with absolute quiet between 11.00 p.m. and 6.00 a.m..
48. You must keep away from any vacant pitches.
49. You must finish any barbecues or party by 9.30 p.m..
50. You must finish any party by 9.30 p.m..
51. You may only consume alcoholic drinks within the boundaries of your pitch, your holiday accommodation, the Amenity Building and its courtyard and at events organised by the Park’s Management.
52. You must not use fire equipment for any improper purpose including such as washing cars or boats.
53. You must not use a drone, powered model aircraft or any other powered flying object on the park.
54. You must not use any Chinese lanterns, fireworks or similar.
55. You may not ride bicycles, scooters (or similar) so as to cause a nuisance or undue noise.
Ejection on grounds of behaviour
56. We do not have to follow any formal procedure to eject holiday guests if we consider the behaviour to be a significant breach of Park Rules. In the event of persistent or serious misconduct by you, a member of your family, your visitors or guests, we may give a warning to cease the behaviour before deciding to eject holiday guests or we may not.
57. If you use private CCTV, you must warn visitors to your holiday accommodation by a prominent external notice attached to the Accommodation, the format and wording of which you must agree with us (our agreement not to be withheld unreasonably). The CCTV may only capture images of the area immediately around your Accommodation and not of any other part of the park, such as any path or road, or any other Accommodation or its Pitch and the area immediately around it.
58. Dogs and cats are permitted. Other pets are not permitted without our permission.
59. You must not bring any pets or animals when you visit the park except the following:
- not more than two or three dogs depending on the accommodation booked
- dogs may not include any of the breeds subject to the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991.
- not more than two domestic cats.
- not more than two budgerigars or parrots which you must keep within the Accommodation.
60. Dogs, cats and other pets (if we have given our permission) are not permitted in the following areas of the park:
- Park Laundry
- Shower Block
61. You must tell us before you visit the park if you plan to bring any pet or animal and answer any reasonable question about them and their suitability for our park environment. If we are not satisfied that the pet or animal is suitable for our park environment, we may tell you that you cannot bring them. This is because we cannot allow the health and / or safety of others to be put at risk.
62. Any pet or animal you bring must be supervised by and under the control of you, or of a responsible adult in your party, at all times. This means you may not leave any pet or animal unsupervised in the accommodation or anywhere on the park at any time, apart from small pets which live in a cage, aquarium or similar. Nor may you leave any pet or animal under the supervision of any person aged under 18. These rules apply even if the pet or animal knows the park well and you believe them to be well-behaved.
63. If you do not supervise and control any pet or animal, we are likely to ask you to remove it from the park straight away. This is because we cannot allow the health and / or safety of others to be put at risk.
64. If you see another pet or animal anywhere on the park which does not appear to be supervised by and under the control of a responsible adult, or whose behaviour gives a cause for concern please tell us straight away.
65. You must not exercise dogs off-lead on the park. The Tree & Wildflower Reserve is available for off-lead exercise of dogs.
66. You must keep any dog on a short lead at all times on the park. Extendable leads are not permitted on the park because they put the health and / or safety of the pet owner and others at risk.
67. You must clean up if your animal defecates on the park. Dog waste bins are located by the Cycle Hub, by the entrance to Lower Camping Meadow and by the gate of the Tree & Wildflower Reserve.
68. Nothing in these Park Rules prevents you or any member of your party from bringing an assistance dog to the park, or from using the dog exactly as at home, if this is required to support a disability and Assistance Dogs UK or any successor body has issued an Identification Book or other appropriate evidence. Please tell us if you are bringing an Assistance Dog so we can make suitable accommodation available to you.
69. You may not use the park address for postal deliveries without our permission.
70. Children must be supervised whilst on the park and are the responsibility of their parent or guardian during their stay.
71. Do not allow children to play near or in the streams/rivers without supervision, as there are areas of deep water.
72. Children must not play on the play area after 9.30 p.m.
73. Children under the age of 16 should not be left unsupervised in the accommodation or on the park.
74. An adult must accompany small children to the toilets and shower block.
75. You may not use fire equipment for any improper purpose such as washing vehicles.
76. You must ensure that all occupants of your accommodation are familiar with the location of the Fire Points and the contents of the Fire Notices displayed at each point.
77. You must not store fuels or combustible materials other than in removable containers on the park.
78. Fires, BBQs, Fire Pits & Chiminea.
Open fires we don’t allow open fires for fire safety reasons and the damage they cause to the ground.
BBQs with purpose made equipment are welcome. Care must be taken not to damage the grass and picnic tables from contact with BBQs.
Bricks to go under disposable BBQs are provided in the Main Field near to Children’s Play Area – please return bricks after use.
Chiminea, wood burning stoves and Chinese lanterns are prohibited for fire and livestock safety reasons.
Fire pits are permitted if they do not damage the grass or other surface. They must not be put on the park benches and only unprocessed charcoal or charcoal briquettes may be used - wood burning in fire pits is prohibited for fire safety reasons. Charcoal is available from our Park Shop.
79. We reserve the right to enter your accommodation at any time for any reasonable purpose., for example to make checks, maintenance work or housekeeping. Your occupation is not exclusive.
80. Nothing in these Park Rules prevents you or any member of your party from bringing an assistance dog to the park, or from using the dog exactly as at home, if this is required to support a disability and Assistance Dogs UK or any successor body has issued an Identification Book or other appropriate evidence.
81. You may only play ball and other games on the Recreation Green.
82. Football should not be played anywhere on the park. Other games involving flying objects (balls, shuttlecocks, model gliders, bowls, kites, boomerangs, boules etc) may only be played on the Recreation Green.
83. You may only fly kites on the park on the Recreation Green. In other parts of the park there are high voltage overhead wires which are a health and safety risk.
84. You may not use drones, powered model aircraft or any other powered flying objects on the park.
85. You may not use skateboards, roller-skates, rollerblades or micro scooters at the park. Electric scooters are forbidden on the park as it is subject to the Road Traffic Acts.
Information about our camping pitches
Unless designated as a ‘hardstanding’ pitch, all our pitches have a grass surface which is subject to wear and tear during the open season.
Our camping fields are level with some undulations and slight inclines. Parking on pitch is for one car. Up to two cars may be parked subject to payment of a fee for the extra car
Pitch sizes vary – they range from 8m x 10m to 10m x 10m. Some un-serviced pitches have a tapered width from front to back and are suitable for smaller accommodation units.
Pitch availability varies according to the need to rest or restore pitches after use. The weather can affect grass quality.
If you book a particular pitch, it will be noted on your booking confirmation. If you do not book a particular pitch, you will be allocated the pitch type you book, and your pitch number will be allocated when you check-in.
Grass quality can adversely be affected by tents and caravans. Patches of bare soil or dead grass can be unsightly but may not render a pitch unusable.
After check-in, and on your request, if you wish to change pitch we will, subject to availability, offer you an alternative pitch.
On our offer, if you opt to upgrade or downgrade the type of pitch, we will inform you of the difference in price and provide a new booking confirmation. To confirm the new booking the Balance Due shown must be settled either way (i.e., refund from us or extra payment from you).
If the pitch type occupied is upgraded in a new booking confirmation, we will charge you the difference between the published prices of the pitch type booked and the upgraded pitch.
If the type of pitch is downgraded in a new booking confirmation, we will refund the difference between the published prices of the pitch type booked and the downgraded pitch.
Our pitch types, in ascending order of price, are:
- Pitch – an un-serviced grass pitch,
- Riverside – an un-serviced grass pitch beside the River Tavy (pitches 18 – 33),
- Riverside + EHU – a serviced grass pitch beside the River Tavy (pitches 1 – 16)
- EHU (Electric Hook-Up) – a 16-Amp EHU serviced grass pitch,
- Hardstanding (EHU) – hardstanding pitch with 16-Amp EHU (Pitches 70 - 78).
- Hardstanding (fully serviced) – hardstanding pitch with services point (16-Amp EHU, on pitch water supply, ‘grey’ water drain and TV aerial). (Pitches 44 – 49).
No pitching of tents or caravans before 1.00 p.m. or after 9.00 p.m.
All pitches are marked with a centre pitch number and/or side boundary markers. You may only pitch between and in line with the markers on the allocated pitch.
If you do not pitch on or within the allocated pitch you will be requested to move to within the boundary of the allocated pitch. If you decline to move, you will be given a refund of unused pitch fees and must leave the park.
The maximum size tent accepted on a single pitch is 8m long x 5.1m wide. Not all pitches will accept a tent this size.
To extend your stay on the day of departure you must inform Park Reception no later than 12.00 noon on the day before the booked departure date.
If the pitch is available, we may at our discretion confirm a late stay to 6.00p.m. on the departure date.
A £6.00 charge inc. VAT will be made for a confirmed late stay.
Information about our self-catering accommodation
The number of persons occupying the accommodation shall be stated at time of booking and cannot exceed the number of fixed beds available in the unit in any confirmed booking.
Alterations in the persons staying may be made only by re-booking with us and us providing a new/updated booking confirmation.
An increase or a reduction in the number of persons staying in the accommodation will not change the cost.
‘Pet friendly' accommodation
We welcome well-behaved dogs and cats in ‘dog friendly' self-catering accommodation. We do not accept dogs listed under the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991. We do not accept other kinds of pets in self-catering accommodation. The maximum number of dogs and/or cats accepted in self-catering accommodation is two.
Bring pet bedding and cover sheets; under no circumstances may pets lie on the chairs or be allowed into bedrooms.
Pets may not be left unattended in the accommodation. We reserve the right to charge cleaning and repair costs if your dog damages furniture and soft furnishings.
Arrival & departure times
Accommodation is booked from 4.00 p.m. on arrival day. Accommodation must be vacated by 10.00 a.m. on the last day of booking.
Prior notice is required for arrivals after 6pm.
The accommodation is designed for the comfort of the number of persons shown (infants & children included) and these may not be exceeded under any circumstances and shall be used only by the number of persons booked.
Cleanliness and damage
You are responsible for ensuring that the unit and contents are left in a clean and tidy condition prior to vacating the accommodation. All rubbish should be removed and disposed of in the designated rubbish and re-cycling area before vacating the accommodation.
You are responsible for the full cost of any damages or breakages and any cleaning that takes more than 4-person hours to complete after vacation of the accommodation.
Smoking is not permitted anywhere inside the accommodation. If we observe smoking around the accommodation or in the doorway and there is evidence of smoking in the unit, we will make an extra charge for freshening of £50.00.